The web catalogue for OLIB
- The Classmark search is used to find records which have been given a particular classmark.
- Enter the classmark you want to search for in the Start of classmark box, e.g. enter 636 to retrieve records about animal husbandry.
- The search will also find any records with classmarks beginning with 636, e.g. 636.2, 636.3 and 636.4.
- If you want to restrict your search to more specific classmarks, type in more of the classmark, e.g. 636.4 for pig production.
- The Retrieve a list of classmarks checkbox allows you to retrieve a lists of classmarks (rather than records linked to classmarks). The classmark hitlist is sorted alphanumerically, allowing you to browse to find a specific classmark. You will then be able to click the classmark to list the records with that classmark.
- Change the number of hits per result page if you would like more (or fewer) hits per page.
- Options to limit your search, e.g. by publication date and/or media type, are available at the bottom of the page.
- Once you have entered your search term(s), click on the Search button or press Enter to run the search.
- If you have any other queries on classmark searching, please ask the Library Staff for assistance.